Wednesday 17 December 2014

Temperamental update 2

I've been having difficulty creating assets at the moment because the tablet I was using to draw and animate has selfishly decided to stop working. Fortunately I had already been able to create a simple jump, walk and idle sprite for one of my contestants and so have been able to play around with the mechanics of character movement.

I've created the movement physics, wall collisions, dashing, gravity, and wall sliding/holding. Messing around with the drag and friction on the floor so I can get a feel for how responsive the player can interact with the game but other than that I don't think I'll be able to do much until I get back to animating assets. 

I'm slowly coming up with a more complete idea in my head of how the game is ultimately going to play out but until I have a working demo I think I'll leave them in my head. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment